Organization: Balzac’s Coffee Roasters
Position: Café Supervisors/Full time
Location: 10499 Islington Avenue - Kleinburg, ON
We are currently seeking a Café Supervisor for our Kleinburg Location - 10499 Islington Avenue. The position reports directly to the Café Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible to assist on all aspects of Café operation. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Assistant to manager in operational duties (in absence of or in support of Manager):
o authorized to make changes to schedule,
o place orders, pick up café supplies,
o liaise with Head Office/Regional Manager/suppliers/trades,
· Trained to replace manager in manager’s absence (vacation, illness, etc.)
· Leadership role on the floor, leads training when on floor.
· Liaison between staff and management
· Authority to make deposits/balance cash discrepancies/tip pool
· Handles complaints from guest, especial requests, and it is in communication with other supervisors/managers when needed.
· Make decisions in absence of manager.
· Coach and council staff members.
· Ensure best practices for ordering, inventory, waste, labour cost.
· Hands on computer programs used for scheduling, payroll, inventories/ordering.
· Able to clearly communicate important information to staff members.
· Open availability as to alternate shifts with Manager.
· Follows all Practices and Policies set on all Training Manuals.
- Barista experience preferred
- Business, Hospitality, Food Service preferred
- Minimum two (years experience) in a related position, at least one of those in a Supervisory or higher capacity
- Experienced in ordering, receiving, inventory, and shrink controls
- Some store merchandising experience and the ability to drive sales culture
- Computer skills including aptitude in key Microsoft Office applications – excel, word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and proven multi-tasking ability
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Ability to lead and inspire with confidence to make decisions
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
- Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment
Balzac’s welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability