Burnbrae Farms is a proud 5th generation Canadian family owned and operated egg business, producing eggs for over 70 years. With locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Manitoba, and British Columbia, Burnbrae Farms is Canada's leading egg producer and a thriving participant in the agribusiness industry. We sell eggs and egg products to major grocery store chains, food service operations as well as large bakery/industrial customers throughout Canada.
For more information, visit www.burnbraefarms.com or connect with Burnbrae Farms on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/burnbraefarms.comor Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/burnbraefarms
Reporting to the Production Supervisor this role is responsible for inspecting eggs to assure quality and fitness for consumption, as well as packages eggs in a variety of containers by performing the following duties.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
· Adhere to safe work practices, follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
· Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
· Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance in relation to production schedule and or time scheduled for.
· Must maintain a clean, sanitary, safe and productive work area. This involves the cleaning up of any egg spillage on the floor, or on the machines and properly disposing of any waste and or garbage as needed.
· Pack salable eggs on racks, pallets or in boxes in relation to daily production demands.
· Ensures proper cartons are used and closed correctly with proper printing on cartons.
· Ensure code dates on cartons are legible, correct and facing in the right direction when packed on racks.
· Pull damaged eggs from cartons and or flats, and replacing them with clean, undamaged and proper sized eggs.
· Pull dirty eggs from cartons and or flats to be re-washed, replacing them with clean, undamaged and proper sized eggs.
· Communicate regularly with machine operators, co-workers, management and quality assurance personnel, as it relates to any deviations in egg quality, to insure standards are upheld and a quality product is manufactured.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Self-starter, with proven time-management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with other team members
· Ability to work in different temperature environments
· Ability to repetitively lift 15 Kg regularly in a fast-paced environment and up to 25 Kg occasionally
· Able to work 10-hour shifts (7:00am -5:30pm)
· Willing to work Overtime when Business needs require
· Required to be available for holiday shifts if business needs require
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
· Forklift training (an asset) but willing to get a forklift license through on-site training
· On the job training will be provided. Previous factory or line work preferred.
Burnbrae Farms; Mission – A Canadian egg business dedicated to quality, health and innovation.
Burnbrae Farms’ Vision is to grow into a world-class egg business using the strength of our people to develop leading edge products and processes. Through our commitment to quality, health and innovation, we will provide healthy lifestyle solutions, exceed customer expectations and build highly trusted brands.
We offer our employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Burnbrae Farms is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Burnbrae Farms employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision * Short-Term and Long-Term Disability * Life Insurance * Company Pension Plan * Group RRSP * Employee and Family Assistance * Burnbrae Farms product discounts * Free on-site parking * Employee appreciation events (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour