1 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2P1
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
At Loblaw Companies Limited, our purpose – Live Life Well – supports the needs and well-being of Canadians who make one billion visits each year to our stores.
We excel at challenging convention and pushing beyond the limits of what’s comfortable. Our goal is a relentless customer-first commitment. We analyze. We challenge. We connect. We are innovators. And what we are achieving is revolutionizing the retail and digital advertising industry. By transforming data into knowledge, we provide our partners a deeper understanding about their customers — who they are and what they are about.
Loblaw Media offers a new way to plan and deliver meaningful digital advertising to help consumer brands more effectively reach customers who will love their products. We use transaction-based insights from our online and brick and mortar stores to target and measure media effectiveness.
Bringing our mission to life requires amazing people and the right workplace. We have a diverse team of experts who want to take ownership and make an impact. People who are energized by collaboration and passionate about solving complex problems. People hungry to venture well beyond their corner of the business to discover new products and new ways of doing things. We have gathered this cross-functional team in downtown Toronto right across from Union Station.
Your job description starts here, but it ends where you’re willing to take it…
This is a Marketing Operations role, that will coordinate and lead a team of Media Strategists and Digital Media Buyers, with frequent communication with other Loblaw Divisions, including our Centre of Marketing Excellence, Finance, Business Operations, Marketing Intelligence, as well as our vendor partners including Google, Facebook, and other agencies.
The role will ensure teams operate efficiently, while continuing work with strategic partners to improve the product offering.
- Manage and develop a team of media planners/strategists, social and programmatic media buyers, ad operations and inventory management
- Manage relationships with external vendor partners Google, Facebook, and other agencies we partner with in different capacities (creative, media, etc.)
- Co-ordinate and manage relationships on behalf of media planning and buying team with other stakeholders at Loblaw Media and at Loblaw Companies offices
- Align with and provide technical understanding and feedback to Director of Product Development for building out Loblaw Media roadmap and coordinate bringing roadmap to life
- Work with Loblaw Enterprise to provide SME resources and feedback for larger projects across all businesses
How You’ll Succeed:
- Expert level knowledge of Demand Side platforms including DV360, Facebook Business Manager, and The Trade Desk
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis into actionable insights and execution plans
- Planning experience for brand or agency
- Ability to develop and present a POV and implications based on data, and present findings across the organization and senior management
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.