Christie Gardens is a Christian not-for-profit senior living community experienced in delivering distinctive services within a continuum of living.
Christie Gardens is looking for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in our unique continuum for seniors. The ideal candidate must be multi skilled as a Maintenance/Handyperson and respond well to new challenges. He/she must be available to work on Saturdays and on call for emergencies.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Perform minor plumbing, carpentry and equipment repairs
- Meet and exceed and expectations of our residents, keeping the facility maintained to a high standard
- Perform painting and wall/ceiling repair tasks as assigned
- Perform daily work according to the schedule as assigned
- Assist in the preparation of apartments for move ins and outs
- Maintain the inside and outside of the building in a safe and clean condition
- Follow regular preventative maintenance schedules
- Share in the responsibility for all emergency calls
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Experienced Handyperson with the following skills: general plumbing, painting, drywall repairs, and minor building/equipment repairs
- Possess basic building systems knowledge
- Must possess good work ethic and excellent people skills
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Ability to perform physical duties inside and outside the facility
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team, be resourceful and demonstrate flexibility
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Bring your maturity, life experience and expertise to Christie Gardens where there is a fresh new approach to Elder care that is unique and truly individualized.
Job Type: Full-time
- Handy Man: 2 years (Preferred)