Do you have excellent hand skills, attention to detail and great customer service? You may be who we are looking for to compliment our Vernon team, serving the Okanagan. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, reliable, well organized, and hardworking individual to grow with the company, as our business expands.
Working with wet and dry hand polishers to create finished, polished profile edges, finish the bottom of overhangs, and put finishing touches on natural stone and engineered quartz countertops. An artistic eye and attention to detail is key to ensure consistency.
Using a grinder to scribe the edge of countertop pieces to create a perfect fit against walls, as well as cutting slots to install sink clips.
The job is physically demanding and requires standing while working, moving small pieces alone and working with the team and lifting equipment to move larger pieces all while taking great care not to damage any of the pieces.
In this position you will be working in a shop environment with a team to complete jobs, problem solve and meet installation deadlines and therefore we require a great team player attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate stone as required to ensure all angles and corners are finished according to shop drawing
- Finish stone products with polishing pads and granite and quartz finishing products
- Repair chips and re-finish edges, if required
- Inspect pieces to identify the possible problems or defects
- Operating saws, grinders, and other devices to, grind, miter and polish stone surfaces according to templates’ specifications
- Ensure relevant paperwork is complete and consistent with internal company procedures
- Comply with health and safety procedures.
- Support production staff with other tasks when required
- Clean up work area; ensure work area is as clean as when you first arrived
- All other tasks as required to fulfill work orders and shop maintenance
- Minimum two year's experience fabricating quartz and natural stone countertops is strongly preferred
- Must have steel toed shoes, hearing protection (ear plugs provided but ear muff are strongly encouraged) and have a good attitude towards safety at all times
- Must have experience working with hand and power tools, grinders, saws, caulking gun
- Able to read and understand a measuring tape
- Valid driver's License and own vehicle
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings and work orders
- Ability to work with mobile technology for tracking and documentation purposes
- Ability to read/write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- The position will require the following physical activities on a regular basis: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, gripping, talking, hearing, handling and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift over 125 Lbs
- Indoors in a non-temperature-controlled environment and outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions.
- The typical noise level for this job is moderate to very loud
We offer all of our staff Extended Medical Benefit packages (includes Life Insurance, Accident Death, Dependent Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care, Long-Term Disability, Extended Health Care and Employee and Family Assistance Program) and standard two weeks holidays.
If this is you, please respond with a resume and mention any of the above details that relate to your prior work experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour
- fabricating quartz: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)