West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow and are looking for talented people to be part of our team. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. As part of our commitment to providing opportunities for students, we are seeking individuals that are currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary education and continuing their studies in the fall. Our Quesnel Sawmill division, has immediate openings for:
WEEKEND/ SAWMILL CLEANUP - STUDENTS
Reporting directly to the Department supervisor, the successful candidate will be a part of our Production or Cleanup Department. The cleanup role is responsible for the cleanup of mill debris (including shavings, cants, chips and wood) and performs all other duties as assigned by the team lead. The entry level role is responsible for any production task assign to him/her by their team lead.
Our ideal candidate:
The following will be considered strong assets:
- Students currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education
- Flexible availability to accommodate shift work, weekends only
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work both in a team and independently
- A valid driver’s license
- Safety first attitude
- Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure
- The desire to problem solve, and learn, grow, and excel
- Students must be 17 years of age or older
- Mobile equipment experience
- Previous experience in in the wood remanufacturing sector, in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products experience
If you are interested in the opportunity to participate in an environment where innovation and a personal commitment to safety, quality and the environment count, respond at www.westfraser.com/jobs
and click “apply now”, in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.