Perform duties related to the receipt, storage, shipment, blending and treatment of petroleum products including but not limited to crude oil, gasoline, fuel oil, refined products via ocean going tankers and the loading/unloading of tanker trucks/ ISO tanks according to NuStar policies and procedures. Assist and support the operation of a Boiler and/or Hot Oil heater system. Must be able to work day or night with a shift work schedule of 12 hour rotating shifts as part of a 24 hour operation. Must be willing to work overtime.
- Perform all functions safely when complying with Terminal and Provincial regulations, procedures and policies
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Required to participate in the ERT (Emergency Response Team), including but not limited to, oil spill and fire response, confined space and high angle rescue
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Independently gauge tanks as high as 100 ft. using measurement techniques
- Load/unload tanker trucks
- Monitor and operate electric, portable pumps and engines
- Perform dock tasks including operating dock lifting devices, loading arms, dock pumps and communicate with vessels and pilots
- Participate in and successfully complete all required personnel training including written and computer based testing
- Successfully complete on-the-job training components of all operational levels to attain a minimum Level 1 status
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner throughout the Terminal
- Participate in the NuStar Safety Management System
- Ensure reporting of all incidents and accidents to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Read and understand blueprints, flow and pipeline diagrams
- Perform other duties as required
High school diploma or approved equivalent
Proficient reading, writing, communication and math skills including the ability to read procedures and perform arithmetic functions
Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and outlook email
3rd or 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate
Must have a valid driver’s license
School work term experience and/or previous experience in the Oil/Gas Industry preferred
Knowledge of petroleum products and industry terminology preferred
Strong communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills required.
Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
Previous safety, oil spill response, and ERT training an asset
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply directly through NuStar’s career site at www.nustarenergy.com/careers .
When a higher-level position exists candidates with greater qualifications may be considered for the position.