About The Calgary Chamber
For more than 128 years, the Calgary Chamber has been the city’s main connector of people, ideas and stories. We’ve facilitated meetings, debates and gatherings with some of the brightest minds in Calgary to solve business problems and advance the needs of business in a way that makes our city a better place to be successful.
Throughout these efforts the Calgary Chamber has emerged as one of the most progressive and influential organizations in the country. And yet our goal has always remained the same – create connections that help solve business challenges and inspire businesses to do more here in Calgary.
A key member of the Chamber’s marketing department, the Events Assistant provides extensive support to the organization through the administration and coordination of its yearly slate of events.
From small workshops and networking events to business breakfast and luncheons and full-scale forums and conferences this role is ideal for someone looking to further their event and administration knowledge across a wide range of skills and situations. They are expected to become well-versed in managing multiple in-house event systems and technologies and follow established procedures for event delivery. They will use high level organization to handle multiple projects at various stages of execution, maintain member service levels and adapt to changing demands.
Along with working with a variety of internal departments and outside providers to ensure quality delivery of sponsorship and event products the Events Assistant will also show a keen interest in furthering their education and contributions to the Calgary event and business communities.
- Maintain event calendar and event files
- Conduct venue and vendor research and maintain the databases of information
- Respond to enquiries from the public about events and membership
- Act as communications hub for member portal and event registration inquiries – respond to emails and triage requests
- CRM data entry and integrity support, maintaining up-to-date records
- Assist with the ongoing coordination of event series such as Business After Hours, Taste of the Chamber, Coffee & Commerce, and The 403
- Manage event registration process, including registration set-up and maintenance of online registration accounts
- Prepare and maintain event documentation, such as checklists, production schedules, and event plans for team input
- Ensure all onsite event materials are prepared in advance – including nametags, signage, seating arrangements and floor plans
- Assist with onsite execution of events including room set-up, outlay of materials, registration processing, and take down
- Assist with in-house events, ensuring catering is ordered and room set up is complete
- Coordinate with sponsors before events to provide agendas, seating assistance, head table dossiers, and other information as required.
- Annual golf tournament sponsorship activation and silent auction management
- Assist with volunteer management
- Ordering of branded items as needed
- Work closely with the Event Manager and Event Specialist to ensure consistent delivery of all event production needs throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet firm deadlines
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion, and effective decision making in an always changing environment.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as required to meet the needs of events taking place outside of normal business hours. This may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Post secondary education in events management, marketing, or business administration considered an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit organization considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- non-profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)