A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Do what’s right
Deliver winning results
Build collaborative teams
Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
FSQA COORDINATOR - TORONTO
As a member of the facility's FSQA team, the FSQA Coordinator monitors and analyzes data related to all Food Safety, GMP, HACCP and other Quality Assurance Program requirements to ensure they are consistently achieved. The Coordinator is responsible for reviewing escalated proposed corrective actions and providing additional guidance and support as required. While operating in a fast paced food manufacturing environment, the Coordinator must be comfortable analyzing large amounts of data and making recommendations to FSQA leadership based on findings.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Support the execution of site environmental program (EMP).
- Coordinate and ensure proper execution of Hold and Release program.
- Maintain and coordinate verification and changes to SOP’s in Sharepoint and SAP.
- Conduct CCP and/or prerequisite training and other Food Safety Training.
- Participate in annual HACCP review and reassessment with cross functional team and update the program accordingly.
- Participate in prerequisite monitoring and reassessment inspections as per MLF specific requirement
- Maintain GMP Training presentations and CCP presentations.
- Execute NCR's.
- Investigate and draft responses for customer and consumer complaints.
- Coordinate FSQA document management (SOP's, training material, policies, etc).
- Support and/or deliver FSQA training.
- Order FSQA supplies.
- Assist with construction activities and planning of environmental monitoring.
- Support and/or coordinate equipment calibrations (MDs, thermometers, data tracers, etc.).
- Participate in meetings and projects as required.
- Provide back up support to FSQA Technician.
- Function as the Gatekeeper of Sharepoint, SAP.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- University degree or college diploma preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a technical role at a food manufacturing facility.
- Proven ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Superior systems skills (including MS Office).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and teach others.
- Proven alignment to the Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.