At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life
EXP’s Abbotsford office is currently seeking an Intermediate Materials Technician to join their team and be a part of building the Earth & Environmental Practice in Abbotsford, BC. Reporting to the Geotechnical Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will be joining a well-established and diverse engineering group in Western Canada poised for growth and challenging opportunities well into the future.
Working closely with Project Engineers/Managers and Group Manager to conduct geotechnical investigations, field reviews, conducting materials testing, and reporting in both the field and laboratory for projects mainly in and around, but not limited to the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver area. The successful candidate will spend their time both in the field on project sites or in the laboratory conducting materials testing, with further responsibilities assigned dependent upon level experience and proficiency.
At each project, they could be involved in:
- Soil logging for Geotechnical Investigations by method of drilling or test pit excavation
- Executing on site concrete tests which includes casting cylinders, slump test, and air content tests
- In Place Density testing using a Nuclear Densometer
- Carry out asphalt and concrete coring
- Collecting soil samples, asphalt hot-mix samples on site
- Some in-lab work, such as testing concrete cylinders, grain size analysis, Proctor tests, asphalt tests, geotechnical index testing, etc.
- Subgrade field reviews
- Problem solving of construction material and geotechnical issues
- Attend staff and project meetings when requested
- Interaction with clients and contractors to provide excellent service and a quick response to their testing needs.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .