Tandem Networks Inc. is an Ottawa based fibre optic design and Construction Company who is currently accepting resumes for an experienced Fiber Splicing Technician.
Qualified persons will possess the following skills and abilities:
- The applicant must have the ability to perform fiber optic splicing, as well as understand engineering and splicing drawings.
- Must possess strong project management skills, knowledge of construction practices for Outside Plant cable placement and sufficient experience with computers to update drawings and have a background in Fiber Optic splicing documentation practices.
- Must have telecommunications experience and will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency within the following responsibilities and competencies:
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST, SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP project managers to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Serve as a resource to the internal staff on matters concerning splicing practices and procedures.
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Manage multiple project at one time.
Tandem Networks Inc. offers competitive wages, medical group benefits as well as on the job training for accepted applicants.
Salary determined on experience.
Company vehicle for work in the greater Ottawa area will be provided.
Work schedule may require applicants to be flexible due to time of year and work load conditions.
Please submit a current resume. Only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time