The Town of Gananoque in collaboration with the Downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA) is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidate for a temporary part-time position. Digital Main Street is a program developed in partnership with the City of Toronto and the Toronto Association of Business Improvement Areas (TABIA). Digital Main Street supports the growth of main street businesses by making the adoption of digital tools and technologies easy.
The Digital Service Squad Team Member will:
- Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand the businesses
- Work with the Town & BIA to set appointments and go door-to-door to onboard main street businesses to the Digital Main Street platform
- Implement an on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals
- Assist businesses to complete digital assessments and review recommendations
- Support with identifying their first priorities and the first digital tool/technology they want to activate such as; Google My Business, Social Media platforms, etc.
- Create 360 degree images for the businesses to be used on Google My Business
- Educate businesses regarding how they can adopt digital technologies to help promote, sell, and manage their businesses more effectively via Digital Main Street webinars/one-on-one assistance
- On-going promotion of program and success stories from the BIA
- Complete field notes on a weekly basis
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building/relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment
- Be able to travel independently to all Downtown Gananoque businesses
- Previous experience working with small businesses in BIAs is considered an asset
- Familiar with digital technologies for small business (websites, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
- Be able to use basic software for collaboration tools
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset
This is a contract position with the Town of Gananoque for 340 total hours on a flexible basis at a rate of $21.00/hr.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter by *Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
The Town of Gananoque is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)