A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
A typical day
- Work as a part of an Agile development team to design, implement and provide architectural guidance for fully interactive web application.
- Provide leadership and direction on adopting modern web development practices, to support and enhance software deliverables.
- Routinely advise on-site or vendor developers/implementation teams on coding, design, and testing/debugging standards
- Creating and maintaining the application on multiple platforms based on customers’ requests
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including UX, design, and marketing), to create functioning web applications, that are accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Aid in the development of the front-end architectural framework and design
- Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the client-side layer for existing applications
- Implementing the UI for new features and initiatives
- Modify and maintain interface components based on platform requirements
- Document and inform on process improvements and identifying gaps
- Work as liaison between development team and stakeholders
- Ensure the appropriate analytics tools and platforms are implemented and maintained
- Schedule and Organize the mapping and tagging of the different solutions to be deployed
- Routinely deal with and resolve difficult front-end technical issues
- Take responsibility for the quality of deliverables and verify that current information is flowing end to end with our tool implementations
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Minimum 2 years of professional React.js and node.js development experience
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack
- Familiar with package managers (NPM, Yarn)
- Experience with modern HTML, CSS and pre-processing libraries such as (SCSS, LESS)
- Familiar with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Experience with unit testing using Jest, Enzyme or similar
- Proficient with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, web standards & accessibility (WCAG, a11y)
- Strong understanding of distributed source control systems (Git, Bitbucket)
- Understanding e2e of network layer analysis through the browser & network proxies
- Experience with real time customer data, and familiar with the tools for customer journey strategies (Adobe Analytics, Google Suite, Tealium Suite, Visual IQ)
- Experience with A/B testing and Audience Based Experience tools (Optimizely)
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
- This posting will close: October 25th 2019
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.