Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have openings in our Ottawa service shops for Truck & Transport Technicians.
We offer a competitive compensation package including a tool allowance; safety allowance; Night Shift Premium after 3:00P.M.; group benefits and a retirement savings plan.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Spring and suspension work.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed 310T Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred, or 3rd / 4th year registered apprentices will be considered.
- Experience with spring work would be beneficial or working as a foreperson.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume.
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00 to $31.00 /hour
- Heavy Duty Truck & Transport: 3 years (Required)
- 310T (Preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's (Required)