Water and Wastewater Supervisor
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Water and Wastewater Supervisor is a hands on position, responsible for overseeing all aspects of water & wastewater systems at Mt Seymour, this position is also responsible for building maintenance including; carpentry, plumbing, painting and repair.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s Core Values.
- The maintenance and monitoring of domestic water and sewage treatment systems, including the recording and reporting of all required information.
- To correspond with the North Shore Health Board and the Ministry of Environment, Land and Parks in regards to permits for the domestic water and sewage treatment centers.
- To implement the sewage treatment and domestic water emergency response plan when required.
- Work with the Operations Manager to organize a preventative maintenance, inventory and record keeping system.
- Coordination of maintenance requirements in all base area buildings, structures and facilities.
- Carrying out maintenance required in all base area buildings, structures and facilities in areas such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, heating and appliances.
- The systematic distribution, collection and recording of all building keys
- To ensure that all building maintenance work performed is in adherence to all building code and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Keep a clean, organized and safe workplace
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts
- To ensure a high standard in all finished work, while remaining cost effective.
- Responsible for thorough record keeping.
- To ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times when performing tasks.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum Level 1 Water Distribution
- Minimum Level 1 Wastewater collection and Treatment
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in providing building maintenance services to a public facility.
- Ideally Journeyman Carpenter – or strong carpentry skills
- Knowledge of methods used in heating, electrical, plumbing and painting
- Basic mechanical knowledge is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high quality service in order to maximize guest and employee experiences.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a high volume environment.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- Able to work flexible shifts if required to include weekends and evenings during the operating season of December through to mid-April
Terms of Employment:
- Full time, year round position
- Family Season’s Passes
- Uniform & tool allowance
- Works 5 days out of 7 in the winter operating season, with the option of working 4 ten hour shifts during the Monday – Friday period from May until November.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent