Full/Part-Time Lawyer in Edmonton, Alberta
Virk Law is searching for full and part-time lawyers to help serve our clients across Alberta. Our firm’s philosophy is to provide our clients with results-driven and compassionate legal services primarily in the family, estate, and employment law. We do not require lawyers with portable practices.
As a Virk Law Lawyer, you will:
- Provide advice and representation to Virk Law clients on legal matters.
- Be familiar with identifying both the issues that clients face with their legal matter (i.e. the hard law applicable in their case) and the interpersonal skills required to help the client through their problem.
- Attend at collaborative processes, including mediations and arbitration.
- Attend to Court as required.
- Work in collaboration with the Virk Law team, including management, marketing, and support staff.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures and performance metrics and preparing reports.
- Travel to court is expected in Edmonton and select satellite office locations.
As the Ideal Candidate you will have:
- Membership with the Law Society of Alberta or the ability to attain membership immediately with the Law Society of Alberta upon appointment
- Strong interpersonal skills including active listening and clear writing.
- Proficiency with technology or a willingness to learn the use of technology.
- Experience in supporting clients to prepare for and participate in mediation or other collaborative processes.
- Familiarity with practices and procedures at Court.
- The sense to not take yourself too seriously among colleagues.
- Competitive compensation.
- Support for training and development.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, together with a résumé, outlining how their qualifications meet the position requirements and quote which competition they are applying in confidence.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.virklaw.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year