Required: High School Diploma
Driver's License mandatory; 25% travel
Business Line: Agriculture and Food
1 year contract position with potential to become permanent
- Our Company operates on a 24/7 basis. The position requires to work on rotating shifts ranging from 8 - 12 hours in length on a schedule of days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
- This position requires you to have a valid driver’s license along with a vehicle to transport samples.
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A Day in the life of a Grain Inspector Level 1 at SGS Canada:
- Log-in, organizing, storing, distribution, and disposing of incoming samples and after final inspections
- Clean grain samples using dockage carter/sieves and prepare for grading
- Picking up and delivering samples from various locations to office or vice versa
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment (moisture meters, scales, dockage, testers, protein testers, ELISA readers). Monitor all equipment according to desired standards before performing the analysis
- Perform analyses such as moisture, protein, dockage, test weight, mycotoxins, germination tests, etc.
- Analysis of miscellaneous other branch specific laboratory analyses (malt barley variety identification, audits, etc.)
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a laboratory or Agricultural setting is an asset
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time-to-time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 Hour Shift
- Prince Rupert, BC (Preferred)