Belleville's Premium Quality Watering Hole & Diner is looking for an experienced and talented person to help lead our team in coordination with the Executive Chef, fellow Sous Chefs and with guidance from our dedicated management team.
The candidate should have the following experiences and attributes:
- 3+ years in a similar managerial and/or line cook role at high volume levels.
- Food Safe certification.
- Familiar with line checks, cleaning and closing routines for the purpose of running a smooth, clean and operational kitchen.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations with a focus on food quality and consistency.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for oneself and others.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
- Ability to call the line and manage multiple stations, and remain calm and professional during peak busy times. As we are a very high volume restaurant with a large seating capacity, and a prime view of the harbour.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Excellent knife skills and the ability to process all sorts of seafood, meats, vegetables, etc.
- Familiar with the use of par sheets to control prep volumes and managing prep tasks. We are a 100% scratch kitchen, so the management of prep is imperative to our success.
- The candidate should be available for a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Good understanding of food cost and labor cost procedures.
- Experience in developing menus and feature menu items designed for speed, efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in all areas of the restaurant as might be required.
- Red Seal certification ( Preferred ).
What we will provide for you in return for your commitment:
- A competitive guaranteed salary to be determined by ownership, that is based on a 9 hour work day, rather then the industry standard of 10-12 hour work days.
- Full Medical and Dental plan benefits after the 3 month probationary period.
- A generous kitchen tip program.
- When sales, food costs, and labor targets are successfully achieved, there are also summer and Christmas bonuses that can be awarded.
- The chance to work in a fun hard working environment with a team of dedicated managers that committed to making Belleville's the most successful restaurant in Victoria.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
Must be in Victoria BC to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 2 years (Required)
- sous chef: 1 year (Required)