Competition Number: SEL AC 1506/19 REPOST (Please state this number when applying)
Position Title: Acute Care Nursing Supervisor
Position Code: ACCARENURSUP_01
Facility/ Site/ Location: Selkirk Regional Health Centre
FTE: 0.70 MAT LOA (September 30, 2019 – November 6, 2020) (Subject to a minimum notice of 2 weeks or 1 pay period, whichever is longer)
Hours of Work: Hours 7.50 – Nights/Weekends
Wage/ Salary: To commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position Summary: Reporting to the Regional Director of Patient Experience, the Regional Nursing Supervisor is accountable for providing regional professional nursing supervision and support for the direct service employees within the Acute Care program. The Regional Nursing Supervisor will exercise initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed, bed management, and action to be taken on unusual matters. The Regional Nursing Supervisor will be the first call for acute care sites in the region in the absence of the site manager. The Regional Nursing Supervisor will involve the appropriate acute care administrator on call as needed. The position of Regional Nursing Supervisor functions in a manner consistent with, and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority.
- Health Services Management course or equivalent
- Current registration and a member in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Registered Nurse Diploma
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and standards
- Knowledge of all aspects of regional acute care systems and programs
- Minimum five (5) years Acute Care nursing experience
- Three (3) years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to function within the professional code of ethics, professional standards and legislative requirements of the profession.
- Ability to use an analytical and inquiring approach to program development and problem-solving.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a multi-facility and program system
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Physical and mental ability to perform the demands of the job
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and programs
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
- Satisfactory employment record
Job Type: Temporary
- Acute: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Manitoba Driver's license (Required)
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (Required)