Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be working with Optimi Health to lead their search for a dedicated Office Administrator/ Executive Assistant. Optimi Health believes that personal identity is a fluid and evolving aspect of all our lives. This includes physical, spiritual and mental well-being. Their goal is to bring-to-market an evolving product family of functional mushroom-based formulations to help transform and “optimize” human development.
From supplements and nutraceuticals, to future pharmaceutical opportunities, Optimi is developing a vertically integrated industrial scale operation initially targeting the rapidly growing functional mushroom sector. As the Company launches commercial operations, in-house expert research and its world-class advisory team aims to nurture concepts into products, and a regional business into a global leader. To make this happen they need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who are excited to be part of this fast growing start-up.
Optimi is looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to support the company’s CEO and to manage Optimi’s office in Yaletown, Vancouver. If you'd like to help build a start-up organization that is rapidly growing and assist in creating a remarkable employee experience and unique culture, we want to hear from you!
Optimi Health is looking for an energetic professional who likes wearing multiple hats and is able to help the business run like a well-oiled machine. As the ideal candidate you are experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and are able to work independently with little or no supervision. This exciting role will require you to be a natural problem solver - taking on new tasks and learning new technology quickly while developing options, leveraging resources and driving outcomes. The ideal candidate will be adept at, and energized by, working in a dynamic, high growth, entrepreneurial organization. You possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, but you are flexible and don’t sweat the small stuff. As the Office Manager/ Executive Assistant, you will have the ability to manage time, work independently and take initiative, as well as, have an exceptional ability to build trusted relationships with clients, leadership and employees.
A Day in the Life of the Office Administrator/Executive Assistant:
In this important role as the Office Administrator/Executive Assistant you will be providing executive administrative support to our CEO and at times other key leadership, anticipating and ensuring their needs are met. With the guidance of the CEO and executive team, you will support this rapidly growing organization through the development and administration of office policies and processes, taking ownership of the space and creating a cool yet professional vibe.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support CEO with general admin tasks
- Schedule and coordinate the Optimi Board
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and errands
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize office operations
- Order and manage all office equipment and furniture as needed
- Order and arrange meals as needed
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Greet and provide general support to visitors
- Manage CEO's schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Update and maintain social media if needed
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings; make travel arrangements
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
What you bring to the Organization/Requirements
- Degree - preferred but not required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in office management or executive assistant roles
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Prompt with excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Social Media savvy
- Time integrity
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages such as MS Office
- Comfortable with video conferencing with Zoom, MS Teams and GOTO meeting
Our “must haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with People and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
What we offer:
- You will help us build on our great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled team and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Paid Time Off: Everyone need a break once in a while!
- Office Space: We have an amazing office space in lovely Yaletown
- A passionate team
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.#LP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $1.00 per year