Title: Building Operator / Maintenance Labourer
Location: Westbrook Mall – Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to: Lead Hand / Operations Manager / General Manager
Accountable for duties required in the day-to-day operations of the Westbrook Mall and Professional Building site located in SW Calgary. Responsible for the preventive, reactive, and diagnostic maintenance of all property owned assets. This is an hourly paid position with a 40 hour work week, Sunday to Thursday (Friday and Saturday off).
- Completes daily inspections of physical plant, interior and exterior of the property; corrects deficiencies immediately or reports to the Lead Hand/Operations Manager for appropriate follow-up.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs on lighting, doors, locks, washroom fixtures, drywall, ceiling tiles, floor tiles, concrete, asphalt and other areas/equipment to maintain health and safety, security and property standards.
- Monitors performance and troubleshoots Mall HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, and Life Safety through the “Angus Anywhere” Maintenance Program.
- Utilizes Building Automation System to optimize building comfort levels and minimize utility usage.
- Responds to tenant calls regarding heating, cooling and other maintenance problems and co-ordinates with the tenants to ensure the required repairs are completed on a timely basis.
- Responds to emergencies as required (i.e. floods, fire alarms, power failures, etc.).
- Assists with the coordination and oversight of all service contracts and contract personnel.
- Research and report on maintenance-related equipment to be purchased for use at the site.
- Assists with obtaining pricing for various maintenance-related services, supplies and equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is serviced on a timely basis and is performing efficiently.
- Assists with organizing and maintaining the tenant drawing library, equipment manuals, industry publications and material samples.
- Monitors all access to Landlord service/utility rooms and roof, ensuring they are kept safe, clean, functional and accessible.
- Assists with snow removal and cleaning of the parking lot, sidewalks, ramps, docks and landscaped areas as required.
- Cutting, trimming, weeding and maintenance of all landscaped areas on site, including grass, bush beds, trees and flowers.
- Assists in the set-up, take down and storage of stages, chairs, signage and other related materials for special events and marketing of the mall.
- Log/ Record Keeping in compliance with Cushman & Wakefield Asset Services ULC policies.
- Various other duties as assigned by the Lead Hand, Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma, Fifth Class Power Engineer or equivalent Building Operator certification qualifications preferred, either completed or in progress (i.e. Building Environmental Systems, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrician, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in similar environments with similar building systems.
- Proven organizational skills in a similar environment working with staff and contractors prioritizing, scheduling, monitoring and performing repeated tasks.
- Mechanically/electrically inclined with the ability to operate, perform minor preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when and if required on building systems and equipment.
- Ability to read related shop drawings and manuals.
- Ability to operate equipment and hand-held power tools applicable to the role including, but not limited to; ladders, power tools and lawn equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and social skills.
- Computer literate including the use of Outlook, Microsoft WORD and EXCEL programs.
- Proven experience reading blueprints and construction drawings would be an asset.
- Physically fit to perform reasonable lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing and walking.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members when necessary.
- On call for emergencies – use cell phone (provided).
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license with an acceptable driving abstract. Candidate should be bondable and must be able to provide a clear criminal records check.
If you or anyone you know is interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, no later than January 31, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Operator: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Fifth Class Power Engineeing / Building Operator Certificate (Preferred)
- Driver's (Required)