Hematite is recruiting Production Team Leaders for our Brantford Facility. The successful candidates must be available to work afternoons or nights.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Team Leader is responsible to lead the cell operations within a process type (Vacuum Forming/Assembly or Compression/Assembly) to achieve production objectives on a daily basis with minimum supervision.
- Lead the daily production activities of the cell and ensure that the product meets the quality requirements and customer demands (Safety, Quality and Productivity).
- Ensure that all cell team members are in compliance with safety regulations.
- Perform all Quality Procedures following instructions (first off, check sheets etc.).
- Ensure that the team follows standard procedures.
- Coordinate with Supervisor production changeover ensuring that material and tooling are ready ahead of time.
- Change over and verification
- Preparation/organization for efficiency * Ability to set up the machine according to procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of pre-start procedures.
- Responsible for the First Off inspection.
- Knowledge to inspect and verify line is ready to run after downtime.
- Ensure that all the transactions are accurately registered in the PLEX system (production quantities, scrap, downtime, etc.).
- Responsible for the update of the communication board of the cell.
- Coordinate and lead the training of new Team Members. Participate in Continuous Improvement events (Kaizen).
- Responsible for basic trouble shooting and testing activities to ensure quality and productivity of the cell.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous automotive high volume manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience required
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective reading, writing, and numerical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Must be able to work on your feet for the entire shift
The Benefits of Joining the Hematite Team
Hematite has a comprehensive benefit program that includes extended health care, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and disability insurance and a pension plan. Hematite supports continuing education and training for employees.
If you have the knowledge and experience for this position please forward your resume stating the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency contact.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.88 to $19.91 /year
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)