Habitat for Humanity Victoria is a registered charity that brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. Founded in 1990, Habitat Victoria has built 23 homes locally and served 27 families. In 2020, 11 new Habitat homes are currently under construction, the largest concurrent number of builds in its history.
This position requires an extremely organized, self-motivated and discrete individual to oversee the busy office of a dynamic charity. The Executive Assistant / Office Manager provides confidential administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Senior Leadership Team, as well as Habitat Victoria’s Board of Directors. The position reports directly to the CEO. The Executive Assistant / Office Manager may be required to act as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
Position’s Primary Objectives:
There are four primary focuses of the position:
Executive support for the CEO
Supporting the Board of Directors
Supporting the administrative needs of the Senior Leadership Team and organization in general.
1. Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
· Function as the “right hand” to the CEO through the provision of a broad range of administrative support, including coordinating meetings, taking minutes, flagging important deadlines, arranging travel plans, etc.
· Draft written communications and prepare presentations
· Research, review or otherwise prepare materials, such as developing or proofreading policy documents, summarizing government information, and completing special projects as directed by the CEO
· Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors
2. Office Management
· Manage or oversee all office systems (e.g telephone system, IT/computer network & equipment, photocopier network, alarm system, etc) to ensure their efficient operation and security.
· Act as the first point of contact for public enquires (e.g. answering phone calls, emails and written communications, directing people to appropriate staff, etc.)
· Manage office operations, acting as the primary person responsible for maintaining the charity’s administrative files (ensuring an effective, efficient and accessible filing system is in place for paper and electronic information), as well as the ordering of supplies, processing daily mail, and keeping the office areas tidy and presentable.
· Ensure the accurate and timely filing of all required documents with government or other entities, as well as the uploading of documents for HFH Canada.
· Organize and maintain IT inventory and liaise with IT company as required; assisting with the set-up of workstations and ordering of appropriate software to meet requirements.
3. Board of Directors
· Coordinate, schedule and prepare all Board of Directors (BOD) and BOD Committee meetings (including refreshments, preparing and/or disseminating board packages, taking minutes, etc.)
· Maintain accurate BOD list and contact information
· Prepare, update and otherwise maintain BOD manuals and coordinate new BOD member intake with Volunteer Coordinator
· Organize the Annual General Meeting
· Process membership applications
4. Senior Leadership Team
· Assist Finance Department
o Data Entry, such as the coding and entering of payable invoices
o Reconcile credit card statements
o Prepare expense reports
o Prepare and take deposits to the bank
· Assist HR & Family Services
o Prepare mailings
o Provide administrative support, including the accurate and timely maintenance of Habitat family binders/information
· Assist Communications & Giving
o Enter and process tax receipts (mail merges)
o Assist with special events as needed
Other duties as required and assigned
WHAT YOU BRING:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 per year (commensurate with experience)
Hours: 7.5 hrs per day, Monday – Friday
Location: 849 Orono Avenue, Langford, BC
Application deadline: 2020-08-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year