These are exciting times for SmartCentres Real Estate Investment Trust (SmartCentres), one of the fastest growing fully integrated real estate organizations in Canada. SmartCentres offers consumers over 34 million square feet of high quality, open format retail shopping centres from coast to coast. We are positioned for growth and are dedicated to continuing to provide Canadian consumers with the value-based shopping experience that they demand.
As a SmartCentres Associate, you will be working alongside some of the top real estate professionals in the industry in an exciting entrepreneurial environment that allows you to take ownership of your work and see projects through from concept to delivery. Our Associates exhibit the personal drive to challenge how we can make our success today even better tomorrow! If you are ready to maximize your full potential, we are ready to ensure it happens. We offer:
- Career training and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and incentive plans
- Comprehensive benefits package
- An engaging entrepreneurial people-focused culture
Job Title: Applications & Systems Developer
Reports To: Manager/Director IT, Business Systems
Department: Information Technology
Responsible for team oriented and individual conceptual design, development, coding, scripting of both internal and external corporate web portals, applications, databases and reports for SmartCentres & affiliate companies.
- Working closely with the business analyst, clients and other team members to interpret, clarify and define the business needs into solution applications;
- Develop, code, test, implement and support new and current applications based on the technology stack listed above;
- SharePoint 2016 development, Cloud and On-Premise including Power Apps, Workflows, Intranets;
- Knowledge and experience in developing and supporting a Business Intelligence solution using OLTP and OLAP online Programming and processing; (WEB FOCUS);
- Work with other developers and designers including the senior database administrators in architectural design, test and documentation of the applications;
- Provide analysis of Data Warehouse access layer tools i.e. using such tools as Crystal Reports, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and or other data mining and report generation software with WEB based access;
- Create ad-hoc, canned reports and query tools in conjunction with the business analysts and the clients;
- Ensure that all development is done in the testing environment using source safe backups, Team Foundations, Dev-Ops and promoted through quality assurance and then into production and implementation;
- Follow change management processes and adhere to the policies for all software development life cycles;
- Work with the IT staff to keep all WEB servers, applications, tool sets, scripts, reports, etc., updated and patched through proper testing, employment and change management routines;
- Publishing and documentation of full technical, administrative manuals for support as well as online help for all projects;
- Promote data integrity, accessibility and recoverability as related to all applications;
- Support all production applications both current and future as needed;
- Meet support and project specific goals and objectives as outlined in goals and objectives review.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or related field at a recognized academic institution.
- Has a minimum of seven (7) years professional Application and Systems Development and support field;
- Self-motivated, independent, detailed oriented, responsible team player;
- Has a STRONG up to date working knowledge base and experience in current and emerging WEB based tools, databases and industry trends and technologies;
- The “TECHNICAL STACK” consists of but not limited to:
- MICROSOFT .NET,
- ASP.NET .NET CORE,
- PHP, PYTHON, C#, FLASH,
- DHTLM, JAVA, ANGULAR JS,
- SQL SERVER DB;
- TEAM FOUNDATIONS for continuous build integrations
- SHAREPOINT 2016/2019 application development
- Strong and effective analytical, organizational and problems solving skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities and manage anticipated shifts in priorities;
- Extensive experience in developing and supporting web-based business computer applications and databases, and infrastructures and agile software development methodologies and tools;
- Experience in working with software and systems programming, database, reports, development and support teams to assist in their initiatives;
- Experience in developing and integrating systems with REST API’s;
- Awareness of data privacy, security concerns, and possible vulnerabilities in application development;
- Ability to evaluate applications and reverse engineer to support and enhance as required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization.
The Applications & Systems Developer must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Applications & Systems Developer shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Applications & Systems Developer shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Applications & Systems Developer is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation
Job Type: Full-time
- Application and Systems Development: 7 years (Preferred)
- WEB based tools: 7 years (Preferred)