As UX/UI Designer at Poppy Barley you will play a critical role in transforming the design of our ecommerce website into a seamless and engaging mobile-first user experience. We need a meticulous designer with proven ecommerce experience who can address all functional design requirements of the sales funnel from homepage to product page to checkout. You’ll report to the Creative Director, working closely with the team to create a pixel-perfect, customer-centric website on Shopify. Bonus for UX/UI designers who also have front-end development skills and can assist in platform migration.
What You’ll Do
- Design wireframes and on-brand mock-ups for mobile and desktop experiences.
- Design prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions using your skills in Adobe XD (or equivalent).
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Director & Director of Technology to bring designs to life, providing expert knowledge on user experience design for ecommerce during planning sessions.
- Effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions to team.
- Leverage user data, analytics and business requirements to address usability issues.
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core and new functions/features.
- Test, validate, and iterate your solutions throughout the design process.
- Assist in the migration of the current website from WordPress to Shopify.
- Document detailed style specifications to be provided for development and ensure the final design and interaction is as planned.
- Enhance our digital design system and contribute to a digital style guide to unify the system.
- Maintain and organize project files for shared use, including conceptual work, drafts and final artwork.
- 5+ years of experience in a UX/UI or Interaction Design role.
- A proven portfolio of work in ecommerce that exhibits your process for solving design problems.
- Advanced expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including XD, Illustrator and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated proficiency in mobile design best practices and UX/UI principles and patterns.
- Passionate about simplifying complex problems.
- Experience with Shopify and/or WordPress is nice to have.
- High attention to detail.
- Collaborative and open to feedback.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
We do our best to take care of our team and want Poppy Barley to be your favourite place to work. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a fantastic team of talented individuals.
- The tools you need to do your job effectively. We will supply you with state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, and any software you require to succeed.
- A new Warespace located in Oliver, just West of downtown. The Poppy Barley Warespace is a newly built, open office layout with comfortable, shared spaces, meeting rooms for collaboration and privacy rooms to get focused in.
- Discounts on our products.
- Regular extra-curricular activities organized by our Committee of Fun!
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is a Canadian luxury brand that’s rethinking every step of the fashion industry—from design to factory relationships to shopping experience. Partnering with family-owned factories in Mexico and Brazil, we ethically craft polished, foundational footwear and chic, functional accessories—selling them at fair prices and donating 1% of sales back into our communities.
Our brand promise is to deliver “luxury for the people,” and we expect our shopping experience to do no less. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, have an impact and raise the bar together.
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your resumé, cover letter and portfolio (or link).
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be considered as they come in. We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Poppy Barley is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract