At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Corporate Real Estate Leasing Clerk
Sun Life Financial (TSX:
SLF) is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individual and corporate clients. Sun Life Financial has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the UK and Asia.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Real Estate Leasing Clerk to support our dynamic Corporate Real Estate team. The role is “agile” and may be based in our offices in Toronto or Waterloo, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, assertive and able to work independently. They will be required to provide proactive and timely administrative and quasi-legal support to our Corporate Real Estate teams located in Canada and, as and when required, the United States.
Sun Life is both a landlord and a tenant in many commercial real estate locations in Canada and the United States, including its corporate offices, owned properties and properties owned by third parties. This role includes supporting all corporate leasing transactions through the review and drafting of offers to lease, lease contracts, estoppels, subleases, lease surrenders, lease amendments and extensions, management of the company’s lease documentation portfolio, assessing legal issues and risks, and (where appropriate) managing outside counsel. When required, the corporate real estate leasing clerk will have the full support of our experienced internal real estate legal team.
The successful candidate will:
- have at least 5 years of experience in the management and negotiation of complex commercial leases and other documentation in Canada and/or the United States.
- be enthusiastic about leveraging data and technology in order to provide effective and timely leasing solutions to our business partners and to promote our business leasing strategy.
- be vigilant in identifying improvements in our leasing documents, technology and business processes.
- assist internal real estate counsel and commercial lease managers in resolving lease issues.
- be able to communicate with and influence others with confidence.
- be familiar with applicable industry trends, regulations and market norms.
- be skilled at simplifying complex lease concepts through clear writing and speaking.
- work on special projects, as requested and from time to time.
- be able to take risk-based approach to the prioritization of work; and
- be able to connect and build relationships with our internal real estate team, third party service providers and the leasing business community.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
66,800/66 800 - 109,100/109 100
Posting End Date: