Founded in 2006 Waterloo, Ontario Canada, WatServ is a leading next-gen Managed Services Provider specializing in private, public and multi-cloud solutions. Our company is focused on hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. Relying on the Microsoft and Google public cloud in addition to WatServ’s private cloud, we offer our customers and partners the opportunity to create their ideal managed cloud environment. WatServ has office locations in Canada and the United States and is relied upon by customers for our premium 24x7 support and technical knowledge. With over 10,000 users, connecting from 60 countries, we are ready to help anytime, anywhere. For more information, visit www.watserv.com.
WatServ is an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners (BBP), a public company with majority ownership by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. BBP is listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges. Further information is available at www.brookfield.com.
WatServ is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager in the Southern Ontario region. Reporting to the Director of Service Delivery and working with a dynamic team, you will be responsible for overseeing client project management to ensure high customer satisfaction through all stages of each project.
- Oversee client project management from initiation, planning, execution and monitoring & controlling phases.
- Responsible for managing critical paths, risks, milestones, budgets & stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and build relationships with clients to deliver holistic solutions that will increase WatServ’s share of wallet through Cloud application & infrastructure projects and advisory services
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible
- Provide oversight and direction to implementation team to ensure the deployment meets the project specs and requirements.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Work on and complete multiple projects and deliverables with limited supervision, and work independently or in a small team environment.
- Anticipate and proactively remediate project issues internally and with customers
- Strive to consistently improve customer satisfaction, delivery times and service levels while reducing costs.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Focus on customer needs, challenges & outcomes, leveraging industry insights & the Solutions Portfolio packaged offerings prioritized for your role.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by focusing on customer needs first, and managing, escalating, and/or orchestrating sales and delivery success through account-aligned resources, and technical teams
- In partnership with the Director of Service Delivery, establish a Project Management framework based on industry best practices, customized to match WatServ’s specific needs.
- Create and maintain a document library of reusable templates for managing full project lifecycle (Scope statement, WBS, RAID Log, Weekly/Monthly Project Reports, etc.)
- In the absence of a formal Project Management Office, define requirements and establish key PMO functions around governance, schedule management, financial management, risk/issue/scope management, resource management, quality management, and communications management
- Minimum 5 years experience managing complex IT project management in an external client-facing Senior Project Manager role
- In-depth knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques (Project Management certification preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of project management life cycle, methodologies and support tools
- Extensive experience managing infrastructure, information security, and private/public cloud projects.
- Experience managing public cloud projects (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services) is a definite plus.
- Experience managing Microsoft Dynamics implementations is a plus
- Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform certifications a plus
- Proven Leadership skills, with ability to drive results while cultivating a culture of collaboration and teamwork
- C-level executive presentation skills
- A strong communicator both in written and verbal communication
As the successful candidate, you'll be rewarded with a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also receive a comprehensive employee benefits plan and experience a close-knit and supportive culture.
WatServ is an innovative company that understands that today’s technology is tomorrow’s architecture. We're excited to use the newest technology and adapt quickly to industry trends. As an employer, we want to offer our team a rewarding and challenging career with lots of growth potential.
Watserv welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Use your knowledge, skills and drive to build a successful career with WatServ - APPLY NOW!
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)