Join the Restaurant team at Sparkling Hill Resort! We currently have positions available for full-time and part-time hosts. For individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, there is potential in this role to move up into a Room Service or Junior Server position.
Job duties include:
- Greet and efficiently seating guests in the restaurant in a warm and friendly manner
- Answer the telephone promptly and professionally
- Maintain a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room
- Knowledge of the restaurant operations and about the hotel facilities
- Ability to remember, recite and describe menu items and answer questions
- Ability to effectively solve customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner
- Take accurate reservations and seek management approval when needed
- Polishing silverware
- Assisting with clearing and setting tables
- Record, enter, and deliver room service orders according to guest specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant or luxury hotel an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, including overtime as required
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management
Qualified applicants may submit a resume to Mr. Joel Chester, Restaurant Manager. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available on site in double rooms for full time Sparkling Hill employees, working 40 hours per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent