Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES TISSUE GROUP
The Tissue Group, a division of Cascades, is the second-largest tissue producer in Canada and the fifth-largest in North America. The Division manufactures, converts and markets a huge selection of paper products, such as hand towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, wipers and dispensers for the North American away-from-home and consumer products markets. The Group has more than 2,200 employees and operates seven manufacturing plants, nine conversion plants and four plants with both manufacturing and conversion facilities.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst, for the Cascades Tissue Group head office, located in Candiac. The Financial Analyst will be called upon, under the supervision of the Administrative Director, to execute various mandates in order to grow the company towards its goals.
We are looking for a motivated person, able to work efficiently and rigorously.
You recognize yourself in the description and are looking for the perfect opportunity to practice your profession in a rewarding and eco-responsible environment? This is your chance!
The financial analyst will be in charge of the following functions:
- Preparing and analysing the information necessary for the preparation of the financial statements and/or the management reports of his group, as well as making recommendations.
- Ensure the reliability and completeness of the financial information produced
- Comply with the internal control structure in order to minimize the business risks inherent to operations and/or fraud
- Assisting his/her supervisor in making decisions in his/her field of activity
- Contributing to the operational and administrative efficiency of its sector
- Implementation and continuous improvement of all accounting processes under its responsibility
- Participating in the maintenance of internal controls
- Participation at month and year ends
- Prepares the analyses and information necessary for the preparation of the financial statements and management reports of its business unit, and makes recommendations
- Participate in setting up and documenting accounting processes
- Participate in the preparation of presentations of the group's results to senior management
- Participation in the disclosure of quarterly results
- Participation in the budget process / Forecast - preparation of presentations at multiple managerial levels
- Actively participate in various projects
- Analysis of the consolidated results of the Tissue Group
- Responsible for the analyses of the monthly and biannual bonus programs of the Tissue Group
- Procurement process coordinator for head offices
Desired education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related field
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar position
- Good command of English and French in both written and spoken form.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SAP and Longview is an asset
- CPA designation is an asset IND2
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Financial, Financial Analyst, ERP, Procurement, SAP, Finance, Technology, Operations