We are a fast paced Multidisciplinary Medical Clinic with several Family Physicians, Pediatricians, Chiropractor and Massage Therapy Services
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our patients and physicians and executing on the organization’s strategic objectives as it relates to clinic operations and patient care.
- Greeting and registering patients
- Verification and updating Patient charts
- Answering high volume phone lines
- Allocation and document scanning, including faxing.
- Escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing patients for physician
- Aware of organization’s core purpose and core values and performing to these Core Values on an ongoing basis
- Follows standards of cleanliness and safety
- Scheduling and notifying patients of appointments
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly check lists
- Participating in the training and orientation of new medical staff and students
- Actively participates in company initiatives
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work in a high volume environment
- Current certification in Medical Office Assistant is preferred
- Minimum of one year customer service experience
- Experience with Health Quest EMR software is preferred
- Excellent communication, active listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with the Health Information Act guidelines
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification preferred
- Must provide a complete and current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Our hours of operation are from MondaytoFriday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)