This position will be responsible for accurately picking and wrapping customer orders and loading pallets onto delivery trucks, with the usage of a forklift. You will also be responsible for receiving product, putting product away and the day to day warehouse operations. The Ideal candidate must be well suited to work in a fast-paced environment.
10% of the role will involve backing up the drivers. Class 1 Licensed is an asset.
- Pick customer orders indicated on pick tickets. Wraps pallets and loads trucks for in-town deliveries.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Wraps and labels pallets for out-of-town deliveries and pick-ups
- Data Entry in to the Warehouse Management System on a daily basis
- Files pick tickets by date.
- Conducts bin walks daily, checking empty bins
- Removes empty pallets out of racks
- Maintains assigned row in a neat and orderly manner – sweeps floor; aligns pallet in slots; level load slots
- Maintains warehouse in a clean and orderly manner – empties garbage and sweeps aisles and staging area daily as required
- Completes daily activity worksheet
- Performs other duties as assigned by shift supervisor or manager
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous forklift experience is an asset
- Must be able to lift in excess of 25 kgs and frequent lifting on average of 10 to 15 kgs
- Reliable and punctual
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task in a high change environment
- MHE experience is considered an asset
- Must be able to work at heights
- Possess a positive attitude and must be a team player
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Delivery Driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 1 (Preferred)
- Forklift (Preferred)