Do you want to work with one of Canada’s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our large and well-established Oil and Gas client is looking for an eager and analytical Turnaround Execution Coordinator (Mechanical) III in Fort McMurray, AB.
What's in it for you?
- Work with a large and well-established Oil and Gas company, with possibility of extension or permanent placement.
- Full time shifts; 10 days on / 10 days off; 12 hours a day
- 2.5 month contract; This position is looking to start August 16, 2019.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Representation by an award-winning staffing agency that invests in you professionally and takes the time to guide you through the process.
Did we peak your interest yet? If you have strong experience in mechanical trades with experience in extraction / tailings in addition to experience in maintenance work in a refining or chemical environment then we want to hear from you! Apply Today!
Main Functions: Provide leadership to insure execution of job scope is done in a safe, environmentally sound and cost effective manner to support the long term reliability of the refinery.
- Collaborate with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to validate value added, detailed job scopes.
- Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.
- Complete a rigorous planning certification process, and as experience allows mentor other planners.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Coordinator, and other applicable SMEs to develop a value creating integrated schedule.
- Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labor resource plan.
- Procure labor, managed services, and materials per defined labor and material selection processes.
- Set up service level agreement meetings with service providers and perform pre walk through exercises / dress rehearsals.
- Direct work activity in pre-work, execution, and post-work. Drive safety and productivity performance, remove barriers as needed, update schedules, and approve labor charges.
- Other duties required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
- Extensive experience in mechanical trades with experience in extraction / tailings required.
- 20+ years’ experience in and understanding of the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision – making in high stress turnaround environment.
- Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Maintenance craft experience or exposure to maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment is preferred and is an asset.
- Required PPE, fire retardant coveralls, hearing protection, safety boots, safety glasses, gloves, ice cleats.
- Experience in planning jobs in SAP is preferred and is an asset.
- If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Possession of or eligible to obtain a passport.
- Experience in night and day shift turnaround execution coordinator considered relevant experience.
CLOSES JULY 28, 2019 OR SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP AT https://spiritstaffingandconsultinginc.applytojob.com/apply/dsSyxb70ES/Turnaround-Execution-Coordinator-III-Mechanical-20772-1
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritstaffing.org.
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Staffing & Consulting Inc" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- chemical or refining manufacturing facility: 10 years (Required)
- understanding in maintenance work flow: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)