Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Administrative Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Greet Clients and team as they enter the office
- Answer questions, respond to client queries
- Ownership of office Cleanliness and Maintenance (co-ordinating with external contractors)
- Assist file management and file destruction process
- Preparing and editing reports, proposals, marketing materials, and other communications (strong proofing and formatting skills are essential)
- Managing contacts and prospects in Customer Relationship Management tool
- Supporting the client services staff including partners, principals and managers to produce high quality client deliverables
- Preparing letters, proposals, reports and client billings using firm templates and in compliance with firm standards
- Preparing and submitting time and expense reports
- Courier, mail, scanning, electronic filing and database management
- Participating in training to stay current with GT software and procedures
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or appointments
- Filing, arranging for couriers, ordering supplies, photocopying, collating, mailing, and faxing
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Administrative Assistant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- 2-4 years recent administrative experience
- Excellent data entry and word processing skills with high attention to accuracy and detail. Must have an aptitude for proofreading and suggesting alternatives
- Professional and eager to learn with a desire become a strong contributing member of our administrative team
- Ability to multi task and prioritize. Skilled at working within tight deadlines
- Take initiative, with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service mindset
- Computer Savy with the ability to learn and troubleshoot various computer programs including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with AP, AR, or any accounting software is an additional benefit (Ex. Caseware)
- Experience in financial statement preparation an asset
- Overtime may be required during peak season
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?