Summary: In this role, the Cloud Architect works as a consultant for Onix clients to be a subject matter expert on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) guiding them through technical solutions that solve their business needs. The cloud architect provides the thought-leadership for the client and then translates that to actionable steps for cloud engineers to implement. This role is both architect and analyst but specific to cloud technology.
- Deliver cloud architecture projects for Onix clients.
- Deliver high-level architecture design documents for customer engagements.
- Develop detailed-level design requirements for architecture implementations.
- Work with clients to understand and develop their target cloud architecture needs.
- Assess an organization’s current architecture and readiness for implementing cloud technologies.
- Work internally to develop delivery guides, assessments, and common architecture patterns for cloud architecture projects.
- Work with cloud engineers and developers on engagements to deliver end-to-end solutions for clients.
- Deliver projects around cloud security, governance, and other foundational aspects of cloud computing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Work closely with project managers and solution architects to ensure applications are delivered accurately and within timeline & budget.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or Google Cloud Engineer Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certifications are also a plus.)
- Five years’ of experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++, Go, or Ruby.
- Experience with micro-service applications and cloud-based services.
- Experience working with AWS and GCP.
- Experience with CI/CD and automated delivery systems.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Three to five years’ experience implementing foundational cloud services (networking, security, account/organizations, logging & monitoring, identity access management, etc.)
- Experience implementing cloud controls, security, and audit services
- Experience with cloud compute, storage, and other IaaS services
- Experience in large-scale migration of application workloads from on-prem or collocated data centers to a cloud platform
- Demonstrated experience implementing cloud platform services to achieve business solutions.
- Experience with cloud platform serverless frameworks
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code using cloud formation and/or Terraform
- Experience managing Docker/Kubernetes workloads
- Experience with Apigee and API Gateway Management
- Canadian Government Secret Security Clearance required
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- software development: 5 years (Required)