Love working outdoors and being part of a team? We want you!
The Invasive Species Council of BC is a provincial non-profit organization working to protect and restore BC’s landscapes and habitats from the devastating impacts of invasive species. Over the past 15 years, the Council has developed and delivered outreach, training and skill development programs while working closely with a network of partners, including the Indigenous Invasive Species Network, Local Government Invasive Species Network, and the Province of BC.
The Council is looking for individuals to join our growing organization as an Action Team Member. Action Teams are 4-person crews involved in field survey and management of invasive species. Successful candidates are enjoy learning new skills and working on a team. Action Teams will receive training while working to protect and restore BC’s landscapes and habitats from the impacts of invasive species.
Under the leadership of the Action Team Supervisor, Action Team members will:
- Work 4 x 8-hour days per week.
- Learn invasive plant identification and treatment and field work skills.
- Learn map reading and GPS operating skills.
- Perform all duties with health and safety practices as a priority.
- Execute invasive species management identified on a local workplan.
- Learn how to use ISCBC’s remote communications (virtual) platform.
- Participate in remote (virtual/online) orientation and training.
- Attend weekly safety sessions to ensure all relevant practices are followed.
- Maintain daily contact with the Stronger BC Supervisor.
- Ensure professionalism while carrying out all Action Team activities.
What you need to be an Action Team Members:
- CSA approved steel-toe boots and appropriate clothing for various weather conditions
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License (required)
- Ability to meet at a designated muster point before to start field workdays
- Access to a computer and the internet from a home-based office
- Familiarity with web browsers, Microsoft Word and Email
Start Date: September 1, 2021
Term: 2-4 months
ISCBC is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, identity or expression, disability, and age.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Invasive Species Council of BC. Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract