Job Number: 80547
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 22.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 27.0805 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 27.6332
Post Date: Feb 18, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 25, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Financial Services is responsible for Corporate Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury and Capital. The unit is responsible for patient and non-patient receivables along with ensuring flow through of the detailed resulting transactions to the appropriate cost balance/balance sheet accounts, which in turn are used to make operational, financial and managerial decisions. In addition, the monitoring of cash flow and the administration of the call for capital are also part of the mandate of the unit.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Accommodation Coordinator provides clerical, administrative and consultative support to patients and their families to ascertain a level of insurance coverage and advises patients and families of their payment responsibilities. Duties include contacting patients and families to review insurance coverage; working with insurance companies to initiate payments and liaises with the accounting department to provide the necessary information for billing. Works closely with admitting in bed assignment.
Schedule Work Hours
Day, Evenings, Weekends
This position is temporary until June 2020.
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Graduate of Community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent office experience
3. Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 or demonstrated knowledge equivalent to the Medical Terminology Certificate 1, which may be subject to testing
4. Previous patient registration experience
5. Keyboard 40wpm
6. Knowledge and skills in computers required (Expert in Word, Meditech, Excel)
7. Mathematical skills related to data collection, billing procedures
8. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, public relations skills when dealing with patients/families in sensitive situations; extensive one on one contact with patients and families
9. Ability to set priorities and organize workload accordingly
10. Ability to deal with all hospital departments, clinical managers, patients and families effectively and collaboratively
11. Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position
12. Ability to visit patients and families by their bedside; to be on one's feet and/or sit for long periods of time, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending
13. Previous Preferred Accommodation experience an asset
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement