ASSISTANT TENNIS PROFESSIONAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year-round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto and accessible by TTC.
Our caring and attentive staff members are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every member and guest. Our Club is a place where high expectations aren't just met, they are exceeded by making our members and guests feel special.
We are seeking a dedicated, member service oriented professional to join our team as an Assistant Tennis Professional. This is a permanent full-time position with benefits requiring shift work which includes evenings and weekends and holidays.
If you are passionate about hospitality and take pride in offering exceptional service, we would love to have you be a part of the Donalda team! Our staff members continue to aim higher and show they care about our members, guests and each other to ensure we achieve our goal of creating unforgettable service experiences.
Whether you are looking for career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; and if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Please "Apply Online" and tell us how you can contribute to our team’s success.
Reporting to the Head Racquets Professional, the Assistant Tennis Professional’s prime responsibility is assisting the Head Racquets Professional in developing, marketing, implementing and assessing Tennis and delivering such services to members in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner. The position demands an outgoing pleasant temperament and a positive relationship with members so they may enjoy their Club experience. The Assistant Tennis Professional with the Head Racquets Professional will set goals including professional development, programming and administration. Evaluate development and determine direction in a constant effort to improve all aspects of the position. The Assistant Tennis Professional is responsible for scheduling and training coordination of part time coaches if required and the tennis administrative staff and court maintenance staff. The incumbent is expected to have a strong knowledge about Tennis Court and Recreation Management as well as strong leadership skills and administrative responsibility. This is a permanent full-time year-round position with benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to Member Service and Public Relations, Private Instruction and Coaching, Operational and Administrative.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· University Degree or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years industry experience.
· Basic First Aid Training and AED Training
· Coaching Certification Level III (or Level II plus equivalent experience).
· Excellent communication skills.
· Computer literate in keeping with standard office software programs such as Word and Excel.
· Strong leadership, communication, inter-personal and administrative skills.
· Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
· Flexibility in working hours evenings, weekends and holidays (40-44-hour work week minimum)
· Experience supervising/managing others
· Demonstrated ability to work well with teams
· Personable, co-operative and enthusiastic.
· Neat appearance and must conform to department dress standards.
· Computer skills essential.
· Physically able to perform functions of this job, including working on your feet throughout your entire shift, working in a hot, humid and demanding environment and physical tasks such as lifting (up to 50 lbs.) etc.
· Creative leader with a successful track record
· Customer focused
· Communicator (clear & concise)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca. Please do not send resumes without applying on our website.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent