Assistant Customer Partnership Manager (12 mos contract) Purina Canada(Job Number: 190003SR)
Assistant Customer Partnership Manager (12 month contract)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada
MDO, Category and Shopper Insights
Director, Category and Shopper Insights
This position is responsible for supporting the development and management of all category management and space management projects for the pet category for the Customer to deliver against NPP and Customer strategies.
- Develop in-depth category reviews that identify the latest pet market trends and provide actionable next steps to support the development of the category strategy and business plan.
o Perform comprehensive store audits, market and shopper assessment, evaluate new product launches, promotional analysis and pricing optimization reviews, to identify new growth opportunities for the Customer.
- Utilizes the Customer’s POS and Loyalty data to identify issues and opportunities and share finding as appropriate with the Customer and with NPP Sales, MDO and Marketing. Projects include:
o Promotional evaluations.
o Pricing analysis and recommendations.
o Assortment analysis and reviews.
o Modular performance analysis and reviews.
o Daily ad-hoc analysis.
o Determine regional/sales product/category trends.
o Provide New Store support and adjust floor plans.
- Support the development of Planograms across all Pet segments for the customer:
o Conduct modular design, modular set-up at stores and additional category development modular projects.
o Conduct in depth pre and post modular analysis highlighting key changes in terms of share of shelf indices, adds and deletes, etc. that adhere to customer strategies.
- Develops and delivers presentations specific to NPP on an adhoc basis as required.
- Work independently with limited supervision/direction to provide clear actionable recommendations that can be actionable by the Customer.
- University Degree in Business Administration with a focus on sales and/or marketing
- 1-3 years of experience in Category Management and ideally with Sales experience
- Experience with Nielsen, Customer POS and Loyalty, JDA Space Planning, required
- Strong communication skills and presentation expertise required.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task effectively required
- Financial acumen and an understanding of P&L drivers an asset.
- Pet category and Grocery/Mass retail environment knowledge is an asset
Nestlé Purina PetCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Purina will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
For further insight on our culture, values and principles, please visit www.purina.ca.