The Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre is one of the many family of brands under B·Hospitality.
We are looking to fill the following position in our ever-growing team:
MAINTENANCE SHIFT OPERATOR – 1 FT POSITION
- Do you love to tinker? Does getting in there and finding a solution sound like fun to you?
- Do you like to research how to's and getting it fixed? Whether it’s general/preventative maintenance, repairs, painting, wallpapering to repairing mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment you are up for the challenge.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as plumbing, lighting, HVAC, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform in room and equipment preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Working hours include morning and afternoon shifts on Weekdays, Weekends, and Holidays scheduled according to business needs.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE!
- A job well done will be noticed (you’re not a small cog in a big wheel here!
- It’s been your dream to work with an ever-growing, changing business and you crave delivering excellence.
- You are looking for an outlet for your confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
- Great company perks and benefits!
B * HOSPITALITY welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR (Preferred)