Magnum is currently seeking experienced Industrial Painter to join our growing team!
- Competitive Compensation Package based on experience & qualifications
- Shift premiums & a variety of flexible shift options totaling 40 hours weekly
- Opportunities to generate overtime earnings
- Extended Health Care benefits (MSP coverage, prescription coverage, dental, orthodontic coverage (for dependent children), vision, long term disability coverage, life insurance and many paramedical services)
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Magnum Paid Holidays (in addition to vacation time)
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- ITA Sponsorship & apprenticeship training program for applicable programs
- OSSE (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence) certified work environment
- Employee Recognition Programs (Company-wide BBQ’s, employee referral bonus program, pizza lunch for safe working days)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply primers, acrylic enamel, polyurethane, base coat, clear coat and other types of paint using paint spray guns.
- Clean and maintain spray guns, spray booths and other equipment.
- Mask and tape for multi-tone work or to protect areas that do not require painting.
- Mix paint, blend and match colors.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Apply decals, transfers, stencils and specialty refinishing and detailing.
- Assist and instruct colleagues when needed.
- Ensure the proper handling and maintenance of their painting equipment by checking nozzles for damage, conducting fluid check prior to shift.
- Paint parts as per production schedule to the required specifications using the established fluid and air pressure for guns; check and measure parts before and after paint application to ensure quality specifications are achieved.
- Knowledge of safety equipment regarding the chemicals used in the area.
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning, remove old, loose paint, repair cracks.
- Working with sanding and grinding equipment, sandpaper and apply sealer.
- To know daily maintenance of air compressor and electrostatic spray painting machine.
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment
- To be able estimate and Measure the job for preparation of material and paint.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Grade 12 or equivalent experience_
- Possession of a BC or Interprovincial journeyman designation as an Industrial Painter or Automotive Painter an asset
- 1+ years’ experience working in a paint, fabrication and/or manufacturing facility
- Knowledge and expertise of paint applications is mandatory
- Previous experience as spray painter and/or paint technician in an industrial environment
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions via written, verbal or diagram form
- Strong organizational and time management skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Professional demeanour and demonstrates positive team member values
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written in the English language_
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit;
- Ability to use hands to operate equipment, handle, or feel;
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 – 50lbs
- Occasionally lift and/or move >50lbs with assistance
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below waist
- Ability to wear fully fitted respirator when required
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc., founded in 1984, is a highly respected industry player within the heavy duty truck and trailer market that has a solid reputation for innovative design and exceptional customer service.
The company has three lines of business; trailer design and manufacture, truck accessories design and manufacture and a truck service operation. The majority of Magnum's revenues are generated from within Canada with the balance derived from the United States and Central America.
Our Culture: At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. The commitment of our employees is fundamental to our continued success and we are committed to continuously improving employee relations. By providing a fair work environment, encouraging innovation and teamwork, the employees and ownership will continue to share in the success of the company.
CONTACT & COMPANY INFORMATION
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc. Address: Head office address: Unit #1 - 31632 Marshall Road Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2T 6B1
Phone: 1 -604-855-7544
If you are a qualified candidate for this position we encourage you to apply today! Candidates should submit a resume for consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only candidates who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time