RGO Products Ltd - Edmonton is looking to recruit a "Designer" for a Full Time/Temporary duration (APPROX. 12 months) with the possibility of converting to a "Full Time" position. Designer will provide accurate, functional, and creative solutions and work as part of a collaborative team to exceed RGO’s client expectations. This role will be mentored by intermediate and/or senior designers.
To provide accurate, functional, and creative solutions and work as part of a collaborative team to exceed RGO’s client expectations. This role will be mentored by intermediate and/or senior designers.
- Actively participate in the RFP/Tender process, Review Tender documents, Tender drawings
- Recommend product mix and application
- Post Sales introduction, meet with clients to determine their needs
- Develop working relationships with customers and design firms
- Develop and maintain design standards with key customers
- Complete electrical placement recommendations plan, as required
- Provide all available order specific details including product specifications
- Fully detailed as to: Finishes, Power & Data requirements, dimension
- Produce and present design concepts to internal and external stakeholders·
- Develop and present color/finish board and selection
- Have a clear understanding of client contract & cooperative purchasing agreements utilized.
- Select appropriate solutions to meet client needs and support the dealer
- Create presentation drawings and furniture plan layouts, including call-outs to highlight applications and insights, where applicable
- Produce accurate drawings
- Create and modify drawings live during customer meetings, when possible, highlighting RGO’s distinguishable differences
- Conduct inventories of existing product and produce as-built drawings/specifications
- Complete high-level 3D renders for project
- Have an in-depth understanding key trends and important issues in the market; apply this knowledge to the sale process
- Work with Account Manager and Sales Associate to prepare Hedberg quotations
- Conduct site verifications and measurements as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer drawings/files
- Provide accurate and detailed installation drawings
- Participate in pre-install meetings with PC and Installers
- Conduct post installation walk-though of site to assist in identifying deficiencies for the PIA process
- Complete internally tracker daily
- Organize work tasks and meetings in Outlook
- Participate in bi-weekly Design L10 and Sales L10 when required
- Conduct DSR meeting 24 after receiving and stay within the standard timelines
- Update DSR with designer contact info – removing WSTL
- Utilize CET/Direct Link/SIF to produce quotes in Hedberg
- Ensure accuracy of quote produced as compared to CET BOM
- Report issues by contacting the Hedberg/CET/Steelcase support lines
- Be responsible that the spec is complete in SmartTools and Hedberg
- Participate in on-going training opportunities with Steelcase and other vendors
- Look for process improvement opportunities
- Attend vendor updates and new product releases
- Technical diploma in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 2 Years experience using CET
- 2 years experience in furniture, an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Positive optimistic approach, self-motivated, action-oriented, able to overcome obstacles, able to complete tasks with the capacity to learn new information and skills.
- Self-motivated and action orientated
- Takes personal responsibility for actions
- Excellent customer service, analytical, organizational and technical skills.
- Detail and process-oriented.
- Willing to actively and enthusiastically participate in client meetings.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills are required
- Ability to learn new programs with minimal training
- Training in CET basic and Advanced as well as Steelcase BPM will be provided by RGO. (Incumbents must be able to travel to the USA to participate in the training.)
- Able to read architectural drawings and specifications well.
- Requires a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence. May drive company vehicles upon completion of required driver training, however the availability of and willingness to use a personal vehicle to drive to offsite meetings is an asset. (Mileage paid by RGO.)
- Here to Serve!
- Attitude of Fun
- Spirit of a Winner
- The RGO Way
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep all RGO employees safe we have installed: Hand sanitizers, Route decals and have developed a Safe Workplace Booklet
- using CET: 2 years (Preferred)