Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for delivering our applications used by internal stake holders as well as Ceridian clients.
The BA’s role is to identify and translate market requirements into product specifications that will be consumed by our internal software development team. The BA’s role is critical throughout the software development lifecycle – from gathering requirements through to product launch.
Our applications provide an award-winning user experience by making the tedious process of configuring highly complex systems simple and straightforward. By dramatically reducing implementation times and configuring based on standardized best practices, our tools improve the quality of Support’s customer interactions and reduce inbound ticket volume; Our tools detect problems before they happen, and reduce the cycle time to resolve some of the most complex tickets.
To achieve these results, the BA collaborates internally with the Development, QA, Support, and Services teams across the organization. The BA leverages strong technical and functional problem-solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch, client-focused tools and support.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who want to work in an agile environment and believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
- Analyze market requirements and produce design documents that describe how new software features and/or enhancements should function
- Work closely with members of the Product Management and Development teams to translate market requirements into solutions and system designs that align with product development strategy
- Partner with the Hosting, Support, Implementation, and Compliance teams to understand their needs and use that input to help shape our products
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functions are added and identify potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken
- Ensure that issues and action items are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner
- Support user acceptance testing processes to ensure that product requirements are fully satisfied
- Create and deliver presentations to various internal/external users with varying levels of product knowledge
- Exhibit innovation in the development of new and improved methods or approaches to problems
- Lead special projects as needed
- Highly organized, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent consulting, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with external customers and partners to gather requirements
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- At least 1-2 years in Application Support, Implementation, Product Management, or Development
- HCM domain experience (WFM, HR, Payroll, Taxes, Benefits, Talent, Retail Operations)
- Experience working with Dayforce or other Payroll, HR, or HCM applications (preferred)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Server Technology (e.g.; Windows / SQL Server) and relational database systems
- Prior experience in SaaS, Managed Services, or Hosting services is an asset
- Familiarity with test automation tooling, including Selenium, Cucumber, FitNesse, etc., including executing, reporting and developing new test cases.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.