- Maintains and enforces a documented system of construction accounting policies and procedures.
- Manages the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Supervises the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Prepares and maintains corporate financial reports directly to investors, corporate owners and officers
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Assist in coordinating payroll in a timely manner
- Completes accurate and timely bank reconciliations.
- Implements effective debt management to ensure prompt payment whilst meeting all financial needs.
- Maintains the corporate chart of accounts
- Ensures that an orderly and accurate accounting filing system is maintained by all accounting staff.
- Enforces a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepares and completes timely financial statements for all corporate accounts
- Oversees the preparation of the partner’s reports.
- Recommends benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Assist with the production of preliminary budgets and financial projections.
- Calculate ongoing variances between budgets and actuals. Report significant issues to management
- Maintains information required for regular cost management reports.
- Provides financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinates the provision of information to auditors and/or Government agencies
- Monitors debt levels and ensures corporate compliance with loan agreement terms.
- Adheres to government requirements and deadlines for all tax filings/ reports
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a financial controller / accounting management role
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Chartered Accountant or Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
Primarily in an office environment.
Frequent communication/collaboration with internal departments and external agents.
Periodic weekend or evening work is to be expected.
Job Type: Full-time