Overall responsibility for accomplishment of a successful project. Ensuring assigned project(s) meet the requirements of the customer and business as defined in the approved project charter.
Essential Job Functions:
· Project initiation, ensure Project System setup in JDE for project planning, compile project summary required for operations kick off meeting;
· Generate initial project charter outlining bid budget and initial statement of work;
· Generate Master Project Schedule in P6 or MS Project, highlighting the Scope, SDRLs and reporting plan, risks and mitigation plan, cash-flow plan and high-level milestones;
· Lead regular project team meetings to review major issues, interface items, schedule, tasks;
· Provide monthly update summary to senior management including, Project Summary Report and narrative highlighting deviation in budget, changes in ETC updates including variance from previous month, deviation to schedule and milestone payments, deviation from cash flow profile and customer satisfaction/concerns;
· Provide monthly (or as contractually required) report to contracts department to support customer reporting requirements;
· Attend and present project status at monthly senior management meeting as required;
· Direct the project related activities of the lead engineer, planner, coordinator and expeditor;
· Compile and generate corporate closeout reports;
· Transfer program to customer support;
· Ensure that maintenance, modification and manufacturing are conducted in accordance with Maintenance Manufacturing Policy Manual and Quality Assurance Procedures;
Skills and Experience:
· 5-10 years managing complex projects in Aviation
· Possess a minimum knowledge of aircraft sub-systems
· Customer Service Focus
· Fiscal Management
· Interpersonal Skills
· Organization and Planning
· Communicating in writing and orally
· Collaboration/Team Work
· Use of Microsoft Project
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Business degree preferred
VP and GM
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time