Libraries build community.
At RPL, we’re on a mission to provide Regina residents with opportunities for discovery and learning in an inclusive, customer-centred, and safe environment — and we could use your help.
The Exhibition Research Assistant will assist the Director/Curator in the development, implementation, and oversight of a large-scale exhibition for Dunlop Art Gallery.
The candidate will have will have graduated from post-secondary education within the last 48 months, preferably in the field of Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Art History, Curatorial Studies, Museum Studies, Museum Management, Museum Education, or Arts Administration, or Public Programming.
Candidate should have organizational and communication skills along with familiarity with contemporary art, art interpretation, and film. Additionally, candidate would have experience in Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
The Dunlop Art Gallery is located in Regina, Saskatchewan. Regina is a beautiful oasis on the prairies with more than 350,000 hand-planted trees. There are many attractions and events that take place all year in Regina for residents and tourists alike.
Conditions of the position. Candidates must:
- be a graduate from college or university;
- be unemployed or underemployed; and
- not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed in a YCW work assignment.
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- meet the specific eligibility criteria of the program to which you apply;
- be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment; and
- not have another full-time job during the YCW work assignment.
Note: Non-Canadian students or graduates holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
This is a full-time, term position from November 7, 2022 - February 17, 2023.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday with occasional weekends or evenings.
Deadline for submission is August 30, 2022.
Regina Public Library is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the community that we serve. The Library welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.97 per hour