Responsible to the foreman regarding tooling, shop supplies, damaged tools, cleaning, and autocrib operations in the facility. Works with all shop employees for tooling and general labour duties. Works with office manager when checking and verifying products and goods picked up from suppliers.
Reports to the plant supervisor regarding Tooling, shop supplies, inventory quantities and all duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a clean and orderly Tool Crib area
- Assist employees with AutoCrib machine, as required
- Assist operators with tooling issues
- Issue tools, dies and equipment to workers.
- Maintain accurate Tool Crib inventory, including current location of tools, dies and equipment, user names and corresponding dates of the issuance and return of the equipment.
- Perform regular and scheduled maintenance on tools, dies and other equipment.
- Ensure the safe operation of all Tool Crib inventory.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, bi-annually, etc on Tool Crib inventory audits and report on findings.
- Obtain pricing for replacement tooling and supplies
- Submits order requests
- Receive new Tool Crib inventory in accordance with established procedures.
- Inform (Supervisor) when repairs are required by an external service provider and supplies are needed.
- Ensure the safety and security of the Tool Crib at all times.
- Cleaning for tools, holders.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Physical demands require the ability to handle weights up to 30 kg (66 pounds), sit or stand for extended periods, as well as bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Must possess a forklift operator license and overhead crane experience
- Must be self-reliant and accurate
- Speak, read and write English
- Strong aptitude in mathematics and record keeping
- Shipping/receiving working knowledge in a custom machine shop environment
- Must possess a clean and valid Ontario G driver licence,
- Clean criminal record
- Must be flexible to work overtime to accommodate customer delivery periods
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Be familiar with ISO 9001-2008 documentation requirements, including non-conformance requirements
- Be a mature and assertive team player, receptive to improvement processes
Job Type: Full-time