Job Number: 81119
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Organization: MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 23.9600 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 30.7200
Post Date: Mar 26, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 2, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehab is a group of specialized physicians who care for patients with disabilities. We seek to understand the recovery and treatment interventions that might improve outcomes in this population. We work in an interprofessional setting and are an important part of the continuum of care following illness or injury. Our goal is to optimize quality of life and assist our patients to be as independent as possible using best practice care pathways, partnerships and innovative support systems.
The Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehab is a highly organized and motivated individual who is required to provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Chief at Hamilton Health Sciences. Responsibilities include organizing administrative support for both clinical and academic requirements at Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University. The Secretary will also act as a liaison for the Chief with members of the department, hospital administrative staff and the university department.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days
1. Graduate of a community college medical administration program or equivalent
2. Minimum of 5 years of recent, relevant experience in a senior secretarial/administrative role
3. Advanced computer skills in a Windows environment including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and comfortable with learning new computer skills as required
4. Excellent transcription and minute-taking skills
5. Proficient keyboarding skills (60 wpm)
6. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative, develop and initiate systems that create efficient workflow, establish priorities and meet deadlines effectively
8. Demonstrated excellence in effective communication and interpersonal skills within a professional environment
9. Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
10. Demonstrated ability to appreciate confidential nature of the position
11. Medical Terminology is preferred
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement