Affinity Architecture is seeking an experienced contract administrator to join our growing team. The contract administrator will be responsible for representing our firm to the client and contractor during the construction phase.
- Act as the primary point of contact between our office staff and a contractor and client during construction
- Collaborate onsite with clients, contractors, and engineering partners.
- Participate in preconstruction meetings.
- Attend project meetings.
- Perform regular site visits to ascertain compliance with construction documents. Report observed violations immediately. Prepare written site visit reports
- Observe and record deviations from the contract documents and codes. Follow through with all responsible parties until issues are resolved.
- Observe and record existing field conditions and verify that as built records are maintained by others.
- Prepare and execute construction contracts and contract administration documentation.
- Review contracts in terms of scope of construction work and costing.
- Review contractor progress reports and billing.
- Report deviations from schedules immediately and provide recommendations on how the schedule can be adjusted if necessary.
- Witness and comment on mock-ups.
- Perform or supervise reviews of shop drawings.
- Maintain, or supervise maintenance of, project records within architectural office.
- Assist office manager with coordination of occupancy certification.
- Participate in dwelling unit walk throughs. Coordinate project close-up and perform related site reviews, coordination and preparation of final project documentation.
- Perform warranty reviews and prepare related documentation.
- Professional degree in Architecture / Building Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution, or direct construction experience.
- 5+ years related experience in contract administration or direct construction experience or direct Architectural experience.
- Knowledge of Manitoba Building Code, construction specifications, and contract Administration forms and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications tools and MS Project.
- Proficient in reading technical drawings and specifications.
- Proficient technical knowledge of design and construction practices.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk CAD applications.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Experience in Office, Commercial, Institutional, and Multi-Family project types.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple mandates and priorities simultaneously.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Relationship building skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and client, strong command of the English language
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to occasionally travel out-of-town, including air travel.
- Ability to visualize objects in 3D.
- Organizational and management skills.
If interested please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your job expectations/experience and salary by October 31, 2019.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year