675 University Ave, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1E 1E5
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
Merchandises and provides superior customer service. Maintains efficient flow of merchandise from the receiving door to the sales floor, experts in product inventory and ensuring product expiry is first and foremost a priority.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize backroom product and follow Backroom Inventory Management (BIMI) processes
- Uses PDT and MMS Systems to perform daily tasks (Eg. Cycle Counts, Labels, Signage, etc.)
- Ensures product is replenished on shelves in a timely manner
- Assembles and display pre-packs
- Completes all planogram adjustments and changes within provided timelines
- Ensures signage and talkers displayed accordingly including flyers, corporate markdowns
- Advanced skills in MMS such as, creating and managing events to support short dated merchandise sell through, signing, ordering and inventory control tools
- Supports ordering for grocery areas from DSD vendors such as and not inclusive to dairy, bread, Coke/ Pepsi
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory, product placement, expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Utilizes events and coupons to move items that are short dated to help protect damages and keep stock from expiring on shelves
- Maintains Store Standards pertaining to image and trends in
- Ensures the proper rotation of products with “the first in first out” guideline
- Ensures product displays are consumer focused and “shoppable”
- Follows the Sanitation Schedule to ensure the proper cleanliness standards are met for all food areas such as back shelves, on floor shelving, fridge, freezer & cooler areas both on floor and in back room
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist customers in the aisles
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, PC Optimum
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all Store Standards
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance of teamwork and efficiency in merchandising and receiving to meet store and customer expectations
- Efficiency, organization and neatness
- Copes with changing situations on the sales floor
- Cash responsibilities (if applicable) require accuracy and efficiency in processing the customer order to meet store and customer expectations
- Some computer and register skills
- Well organized with ability to record keep
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.