Central City Brewers and Distillers is a craft brewery in the business of developing and selling international award-winning premium craft beer and high-quality distilled spirits brewed without compromise. Our team is committed to providing our guests with the ultimate craft beer experience. Based in Surrey, British Columbia, CCBD was voted Canada Best Brewery of the Year in 2010 and 2012. Additionally, Red Racer won Gold and Beer of the Year at the 2019 Canadian Brewing Awards. The Red Racer brand has become a cult icon among craft beer enthusiasts throughout North America. Founded in 2003 as a brewpub and liquor store in downtown Surrey, CCBD will be opening up a brand-new building that will offer guests a one-of-a-kind destination to enjoy the world’s Finest Beers, Ciders and Spirits
Reporting to the LRS General Manager, the LRS Assistant Manager assists in all facets of running a major retail operation and assumes management of the store in the LRS General Managers absence. The responsibilities include assisting the LRS General Manager with supervising staff, developing teamwork, maintaining staff morale and providing a high level of customer service. In addition, the position assists with controlling stock levels, maximizing sales and revenue, effective expense control, security, and stock variance control. The LRS Assistant Manager is also involved in the training of staff and will be actively involved in scheduling assignments and producing accurate reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the LRS General Manager in building strong customer relations and works with staff to establish and maintain a highest level of customer service
- Assists the LRS General Manager with conducting market researches to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitor’s operations on sales
- Assists the LRS General Manager with utilizing space to maximize profitability and coordinates the rotation of stock and the re-stocking of store display shelves.
- Assists the LRS General Manager in ensuring stock availability for the top twenty most selling brands for beer, wine, spirits and coolers.
- Assists the LRS General Manager in supervising staff, including hiring and training employees.
- Motivates, encourages and challenges all employees to ensure they deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensures that the total Liquor Store operation is kept to a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Conducts inventory count procedures
- Participates with the LRS General Manager in maintaining Company policies and assists the LRS Store Manager with staff training as required
- Work with the LRS General Manager to uphold corporate merchandising standards and maintain inventory levels and selection to support store sales
- Assist the LRS General Manager in effectively managing the recruitment, development and retention of team members
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business or retail management, or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ management experience in the retail, restaurant, grocery or other service industry with responsibility for financial results.
- Previous management proficiency in high volume retail.
- A minimum of one year purchasing liquor for business, managing a liquor store or managing a restaurant that has a liquor license.
- A valid serving-it-right certificate.
- Excellent wine, beer, and spirit knowledge
- Ability to read, analyze and apply a variety of financial data to make appropriate business decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing, training, coaching and mentoring all individuals within a team.
- Excellent time management, and ability to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Work in the store requires frequent bending and long periods of standing or walking.
- This is a full-time position that requires to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and be available to respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Physical demands requiring frequent manual lifting/moving of materials weighing 25kg.
CENTRAL CITY BREWERS AND DISTILLERS REQUIREMENTS OF ASSOCIATES
- Adheres to all CCBD Policies and Procedures.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Brewery.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with direct supervisor about department issues.
- Is flexible and willing to perform duties as workload necessitates.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Required)